For visitors, the list of things to do in Ocean City is endless. Although much of the activity revolves around the summer season, there are events during every season.
The following list includes a few of the most popular types of recreation in Ocean City:
- go swimming, sunbathing, boogie boarding, or surfing
- tour the historic boardwalk
- go to an amusement park, water park, or go-kart racing
- fly a kite
- hunt for sea shells
- take a beachfront rocket boat tour
- eat local seafood including crabs, scallops, clams, oysters, and fish
- attend a festival such as SunFest, Harbor Days, or others
- visit for Bike Week or car shows
- try saltwater fishing on theOceanic Fishing Pier, OC Fishing Pier, or Ocean City Jetty.
- go deep sea fishing
- attend the White Marlin Open or other major deep sea fishing tournaments
- visit nearby Assateague Island, including Assateague State Park and Assateague National Seashore
- check out local museums
- visit expos or shows on waterfowl, art, boats, fishing, etc.
- tour the Festival of Lights during the winter season